[UbuntuWomen] [Ubuntu Women]Quiz Source Code

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 16 06:37:40 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Silvia Bindelli
<silvia.bindelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I take back this thread to make it move a step forward. Find below a
> link to an English translation of the matrix which makes the basis of
> he quiz:
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjC0t8MdWzk6dDRBRGVGcGdtWTJpbjYyYmgyX1RLREE&usp=sharing
>
> A couple of comments on how to read it.
> In the white cells you have the results, i.e., the suggested
> destination groups based on the answers given. It mainly refers to
> Italian loco team's group but it can apply as well to the community as
> a whole, except maybe for the group supporting the forum. "doc" stands
> for those who write guides (in Italian).
> One of the parameters was the knowledge of English. I added a comment
> also on the table about this. I would probably keep it as a parameter
> in consideration of the wide amount of non-native English speakers.
> The order in which the questions are presented to the user are:
> time availability > knowledge of Ubuntu > knowledge of English
>
> As of the code, it's on the Italian page itself being all html + js:
> http://www.ubuntu-it.org/comunita/orientamento
>
> So the next step is to review the current matrix of questions and
> results, so that we can proceed implementing it!

This great news, thanks for doing this!

Some initial ideas:

I'm thinking we might want to swap "Forum" for "Support" and then link
to support resources (there are LOTS!)

We don't have a lot of "Web" work since Canonical runs the English
version of the Ubuntu website, so perhaps we want to brainstorm
something to replace this with, maybe push Testing more?

We absolutely want to keep Docs around, since the Ubuntu documentation
team is ramping up and really needs more contributors.

I'd swap out "Marketing" for "Advocacy" and downplay it a bit, since
Canonical also does most of the English Marketing and as far as the
rest of us go most of our Advocacy is done through LoCo teams.

http://www.princessleia.com