[UbuntuWomen] Calling Scottish/Northern English Ubuntu Users/Developers

Jasna Benčić bencic24 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:11:43 UTC 2012

Hi Mary

>One of my nephews is participating in a project called Malaptop.  It is
>based in Scotland and aims to recycle redundant laptops by installing
>Lubuntu and sending them to Malawi.

Awesome :)

Your experience is enough  :) .. since you mentioned installing Lubuntu on
old laptops...

Installation is explained on official Ubuntu pages and many others....

I don't have time to help but I can give you Ubuntu 12.04 manual which I
wrote with Muktware team... everything is explained in simple terms so
there shouldn't be problems since it is for beginners.....from basics,
installation to terminal....

here is the link of Muktware manual
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hwe2c3m1hpy3qk/ubuntu-manual.pdf

and here is the link of Lubuntu http://lubuntu.net/

Although in manual is explained how to work with Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04
 installation for Lubuntu doesn't differ much or at all....all you need is
a recordable CD, program for burning ISO image of Lubuntu -- brasero or
gnome baker or i would highly recommend KB3 because brasero ruined a lot of
cds (at least my cds) :/.....

that's all from me :)