[UbuntuWomen] New to list

Penelope Stowe pstowe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:03:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Mary Frances Hull <hullsteiner at gmail.com>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to the list. I've been using Linux and open source software for
> 10+ years, but recently changed my desktop OS to Ubuntu and I am loving it!
> I'm impressed with how easy the installation process was.
>
> I am currently a Sys Admin and also a student in a usability program here
> in the Midwest. I would love to contribute to any technical writing or
> usability testing projects that may be available.
>
> Looking forward to meeting other women in the open source field!
>
> Best Regards,
> Mary Frances

Welcome Mary!

Most Ubuntu usability testing is done by Canonical, however, the
Accessibility Team wanted to start doing some usability testing
specifically looking at use by people with disabilities. I started to
prepare to do this, but have had to step back due to my own health. If
you're at all interested, I'd be happy to work with you. I know it's a
project that the usability person at Canonical is interested in so I can
also introduce you to her. You can find me either by e-mail (
pstowe at gmail.com or pendulum at ubuntu.com) or on IRC as Pendulum (I'm in both
Ubuntu Women IRC channels and #ubuntu-accessibility on freenode).

~Penelope
Ubuntu Community Accessibility Team Lead