[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Summary Writers Needed

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 3 08:25:18 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Emma Marshall's introduction made me think of it, but I realized we
have a lot of folks on the list looking for a quick way to start
getting involved and I have one!

The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is looking for volunteers to help write
short summaries for the articles included each week in the emailed
publication, our latest release is here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue250

It's a small commitment (you can write one summary or ten, volunteer
one week a month or every week) and with editors reviewing all the
summaries it's a really easy to get involved and learn along the way.
Best of all, we really need summary writers, so even though it has a
low barrier to entry it's a really valuable way to get involved.

The way it works:

Each Saturday we have a basic draft of the newsletter prepared with
links just needing summaries. We send out the collaborative editing
link to all summary writers (right now it's a Google doc that anyone
can edit, you don't need a Google account, but we've used different
tools over the years). Volunteers fill the document in with all the
summaries.

If you'd like to help out, just drop me an email or join #ubuntu-news
and let me (pleia2) know and I'll add you to the list of folks we
email each week. We Bcc: volunteers on the list so we won't share your
email address.

Thanks!

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2