[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu Women Session during Ubuntu Open Week

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 28 07:42:18 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Ubuntu Open Week, a series of IRC (Internet Relay Chat) based
workshops, is happening Wednesday May 2nd through Friday May 4th:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

This is an event that has evolved over time and we have had sessions
about the Ubuntu Women project several times over the years. Our early
sessions were essentially "how to treat women in your community"
sessions that sought to discuss some of the problems many women have
faced when getting involved with open source and help members of the
community recognize that women are participating and how to treat us
with respect.

These days, the problems many women face in open source are well-known
and documented, and during our last session run by Amber Graner for
the Lucid release in 2010 she moved the approach to be more of a
status update on the project itself.

On Friday at 16:00 UTC[0] I will be continuing the example that Amber
set by hosting a session about our project and outlining some of our
current projects, goals completed this cycle and some ideas for the
future.

Just like for Career Days, to participate you'll want to join
#ubuntu-classroom and #ubuntu-classroom-chat on irc.freenode.net, this
is also available via web-based chat:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-classroom%2Cubuntu-classroom-chat&uio=d4

[0] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120504T16

--