[UbuntuWomen] New Member Intro

Jennifer Halsey jen.parkway at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:40:18 UTC 2011

Hello friends,

Thank you for your warm welcome to Ubuntu-Women.  I have been using desktop
Linux in my home since 2000 and Ubuntu fairly regularly since 5.04.  I have
met some of you at Southeast Linux Fest.  I am not sure why I never joined
the Ubuntu-Women group previously, other than to say that I seriously wonder
what I have to offer.  I do not work in computers, but rather in healthcare
coding and compliance.  I am also a homeschool mom, so my interests in FOSS
have stemmed mostly from these fields - trying to do things in a cost
effective way without losing functionality.  Recently, I have been very
interested in finding a Open EHR program to which I could contribute my
medical coding knowledge.

I look forward to learning more, participating in the discussion, and
contributing where I can.  Thanks again for your welcome and support.

Jennifer Halsey
Georgia USA

“A *creative man* is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire
to beat others”. *Ayn Rand *