[UbuntuWomen] [Blueprint communty-p-ubuntu-women-project-goals] Ubuntu Women UDS-P Goals

Jessica Ledbetter jessica at jessicaledbetter.com
Sun Oct 23 19:12:41 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach
> > <lyz at princessleia.com> wrote:
> >> You are now subscribed to the blueprint communty-p-ubuntu-women-project-
> >> goals - Ubuntu Women UDS-P Goals.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/communty-p-ubuntu-women-project-goals
> >
> > In case you're wondering what this is - it's that time of the cycle
> again!
> >
> > This is the blueprint we'll discuss at our next meeting (Thursday
> > October 13, 2011 @ 20:00 UTC) and then at a dedicated session at the
> > Ubuntu Developer Summit the first week in November (date, time and
> > remote participation details will be posted when it's scheduled).
> >
> > The blueprint is empty now, but we'll be filling it with the goals we
> > wish to accomplish in the next Ubuntu cycle.
> >
> > Check out this page for links to our past blueprints and feel free to
> > make suggestions about goals if you're interested in seeing something
> > happen in the next 6 months:
>
> Just a quick update - UDS is fast approaching (October 31 - November
> 4) and we're getting everything together for writing our blueprint. We
> had a great meeting on the 13th[0] where we discussed copying over the
> items from this cycle but we didn't have a whole lot of brainstorming
> as to what else we want to tackle.
>
> I've created this wiki page so people can start putting up their
> ideas: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Roadmap-P
>
> So if you have ideas, please add them there or reply to this thread
> with thoughts :)
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> [0] http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/20111013

How about as part of outreach, we ping the user groups to see what their
ideas on attracting more women to their meetings are -- I feel that's more
positive than asking if they want to attract more -- and compiling that and
sharing it. If they have some women at the meetings that might be interested
in joining U-W, we can send that info too. Maybe we can send a couple
stickers or such? (James Tatum and I love making stickers now!) Plus, let
them know about our growing mentorship program.

We could also make it a point to talk at some of the various classroom
sessions like user days. I'm sure it's been done before but maybe we can
make it a scheduled type thing so that we can reach the new community
members that might not know about the group and what we offer?

Is the U-W column in Full Circle Magazine part of the blueprint or just part
of what we do? Maybe we can gather up some stories and people to interview
via some of the above.

Also, we moved the Ada Day project before because it was rescheduled from
Spring to Fall. But the next will be October 2012?

For those of us remoting in: if you want to be make sure the organizers know
that you want to attend and when you're available, you have to
http://uds.ubuntu.com/register/ and say you're remote and when you're
available.

Unfortunately, I didn't see how we could get granular with our availability
but we can at least pick the start day/time and end day/time.

--
Jessica Ledbetter
http://jessicaledbetter.com