[UbuntuWomen] Hi there!

Sarah Burge sarah.w.burge at gmail.com
Wed May 4 08:33:24 UTC 2011

> Welcome Sarah :) Would you be interested in packaging bio software for
> Debian (hence Ubuntu)? Since both the distros share the same package
> management system, so whatever is packaged upstream flows into Ubuntu
> anyway.
> You may be wondering that you are less than a week into Ubuntu and
> being asked to package software -- Its just that there are many perl
> floss applications that would be nice to have as packages and tbh,
> perl isnt as much fun as python, so I'd love to have someones brains
> to pick while learning together. So if you are interested, feel free
> to reply/ask here or or irc (I use the same nick on both debian/oftc
> and freenode networks).

Sure, I'd love to give a hand! My only caveat is that I'm away a bit
with work over the next few weeks, and then I start a new job....so at
the moment I'm a wee bit busy...However, once all that's out of the
way, I should have more time. Can you point me in the direction of
things that need doing?

Sarah
> ciao,
> vid ॥ http://svaksha.com
Sure, I'll be happy to give a hand but I have my doubts about my usefulness:)