[UbuntuWomen] Diversity and Encouraging More Women To Attend UDS

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 17 18:04:53 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 01:44 -0500, Jessica Ledbetter wrote:
> Yes. I think this would be useful. We had a lot of blog posts by women
> that attended UDS-N either in person or remotely. Those that blogged
> were pretty diverse too which would go to show women of all ages and
> tech level (0-lots) participated. Maybe a "looking back" or revisit
> type post or links would be good.

I think that is a great idea. Maybe part of the campaign could be a
series of blog entries where women who have been to UDS can share why
they think it is worth going.

Would someone be happy to coordinate this from the Ubuntu Women team?

> I think the policy to make sure women feel safe is great but knowing
> that there are other women like them that they can find and talk to
> would go far too. I know that it helps me knowing some familiar faces
> that I can go to when I show up at conferences.

Totally agree - ensuring the environment is familiar and knowing others
who are there is going to really help.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon