[UbuntuWomen] UDS Diversity Meeting 10th Feb: Meeting Actions
jono at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 10 19:58:15 UTC 2011
Today we had our meeting to discuss diversity at UDS, of which one goal
is growing the number of women applying for sponsorship. We had a great
meeting and have the following broad goals:
* Provide a mentoring facility in which women who want to apply
for sponsorship can have their application reviewed.
* Clarify the expectations around and who can apply for
sponsorship (e.g. clarify that everyone can apply, you don't
need to have technical skills etc).
* run an outreach campaign to raise the awareness of UDS as an
environment that promotes and encourages diversity, and
encouraging more women to apply for sponsorship and providing
this clarification and mentoring resource.
We came out with some specific actions for the next week:
* pleia2 and akgraner to flesh out mentoring process for reviewing
* jono to investigate reducing the 1000 char limit for sponsorship
applications in summit.ubuntu.com.
* jono to put together first cut of landing page for outreach
* we are going to discuss the publicity campaign for this work at
the next meeting, but there were already some commitments:
* pleia2 to announce it on ubuntu-women, cross-post to
ubuntu-news and blog about it
* jledbetter to blog, tweet/dent, contact certain women he
thinks would be great candidates
* jono to blog, promote on Facebook, twitter, identi.ca
and promote in videocasts
* Pendulum to blog and tweet about the outreach campaign.
The deadline for the non-outreach actions above is for the next meeting
which is a week today on Thursday 17th Feb 2011 at 7pm UTC.
Ubuntu Community Manager
www.ubuntu.com : www.jonobacon.org
www.twitter.com/jonobacon : www.identi.ca/jonobacon
More information about the Ubuntu-Women