[UbuntuWomen] Diversity Page On uds.ubuntu.com

Jessica Ledbetter jessica at jessicaledbetter.com
Tue Feb 1 01:32:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Jono Bacon <jono at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I was personally thinking that it would be content that warmly
> communicates the environment we strive for - I think this could well be
> inspired by a diversity statement. :-)

I think something that will go far are photos of diversity. Maybe add these
to the slide show on uds.ubuntu.com? I'm sure there are others but this was
just from a quick click through on
http://photos.pixoulphotography.com/Events/UDS-Natty/
http://photos.pixoulphotography.com/Events/UDS-Natty/14450330_Xqidv#1072279791_hBLY6-A-LB
http://photos.pixoulphotography.com/Events/UDS-Natty/14450330_Xqidv#1072203377_2UZb6-A-LB
--
though not sure about the Coke product placement ;)
http://photos.pixoulphotography.com/Events/UDS-Natty/14450330_Xqidv#1072407584_yL2Qg-A-LB

http://photos.pixoulphotography.com/Events/UDS-Natty/14450330_Xqidv#1072405727_NVxco-A-LB

I was trying to find some of the photos of the sessions because I thought I
saw some great visuals of diversity and productivity. I can't remember which
set they were in though. And, you're right, diversity isn't just about
gender. :)

I'd also be willing to help with text creation.

Is this to be a generic UDS page or specifically for UDS-O? For example,
UDS-O specific would have affirmation that the specific venue is accessible
including the shuttle.

And, when do you need this by?

Jessica

<http://photos.pixoulphotography.com/Events/UDS-Natty/14450330_Xqidv#1072125514_JwxcG-A-LB>