[UbuntuWomen] GNOME Outreach Program for Women internships

Amber Graner akgraner at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 17 18:17:14 UTC 2010

Hi all!

Not sure if this has made it list or not. (but I may have overlooked
it so forgive me if I am spamming the list).  GNOME Outreach Program
for Women internships!  Woo Hoo!  More information can be found about
it at: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2010/SpreadTheWord

There is also an awesome flier that Máirín Duffy created for the event as well.

Below is the announcement from the website:

Subject: GNOME Outreach Program for Women internships

GNOME is an innovative free software desktop. It is easy to use and is
the most popular desktop distributed with free operating systems.

In an effort to get more women involved in free software, GNOME
project is sponsoring several internships for women from December 15,
2010 to March 15, 2011. The application deadline for the program is
October 25, 2010. The applicants need to get in touch with individual
GNOME projects ahead of time to decide which project they are
interested in working on. The stipend for the program is $4,500 (USD).

Participants will work remotely from home, while getting guidance from
an assigned mentor and collaborating within their project’s team and
the rest of the GNOME community. The projects include developing
software for GNOME 3.0 desktop look, games, messaging, document and
photo editing. There are also non-coding projects, such as graphic
design, documentation, and marketing.

Please visit http://www.gnome.org to learn more and apply. The
mentorship opportunities are also available throughout the year for
anyone interested in getting started contributing to GNOME outside of
the internship program.

--
Amber Graner//akgraner//
http://akgraner.com/