[UbuntuWomen] Introduction: Contrary Mary

स्वक्ष vid at svaksha.com
Mon May 10 05:05:39 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 13:06, Mary Mooney <memooney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> The mailing list suggests newbies send a letter of introduction to help the
> community understand where they are coming from.
>
> I have joined this list because I wanted to broadcast the fact that Google
> are providing bursaries for women to attend a Europython Conference in
> Birmingham in July 2010.  More information can be found at:
>
> http://wiki.europython.eu/GoogleDiversity

Hi Mary and welcome :) Thanks for that information. I've been thinking
about this--There are a lot of efforts for diversity but its scattered
...as in, I get these via private emails or sometimes via lists (like
this :)). Would you like to create and maintain a wiki page for this
on wiki.ubuntu-women.org? IMHO, it would help a number of women.

> I cannot programme.  I am an end-user.  So if you need anything tested, I am
> your woman, probably.

There are many non-coding tasks that various teams could use all the
help they can get. Off the top of my head, its translation (is there
is a Dutch loco team doing this already?), designing artwork, etc...
and ofcourse testing as you mentioned :) Triage bugs with the
bug-squad [ https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad ] and here is a link to
Ara's blog on testing  [http://ubuntutesting.wordpress.com/ ]

HTH,
thanks and regards,