[UbuntuWomen] Congratulations to Belinda, Elizabeth, Mackenzie, Melissa and Laura

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon May 10 04:19:14 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Flo M <whisperedflo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just read in the Ubuntu Weekly Newspaper that at least 5 member
> of our group (sorry if I missed any) made it into the Regional
> Membership Boards [0] - Americas, Asia and Oceania, ENEA - and I just
> wanted to congratulate them :)

Thanks Flo! :)

I'm really excited that we now have at least one woman on every
eight-member regional membership board. Previously there was just
myself and Melissa on Americas and Asia and Oceania, respectively, now
we have Laura on EMEA and *3* women on Americas! It's showing that not
only are the numbers of women growing within the project, but the
number of women qualified for positions of leadership are, the 5 of us
appointed to the boards have been heavily involved for multiple years.
This is really great progress.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com