[UbuntuWomen] Systers "pass it on" grants

Esther Schindler esther at bitranch.com
Tue Mar 30 20:23:37 UTC 2010

Of interest to several women here, I expect. Feel free to forward the
info to anyone whom you think might be interested!

Systers Pass-It-On awards program is accepting applications till May
12th

Hello friends,
Do you know women or girls who need a little help "making it" in
computing? Please take a look at http://anitaborg.org/files/Systers_PIO_Poster_Spring_2010.pdf
  .

The Systers group (part of the Anita Borg Institute) accepts
applications twice a year for small "grants" of financial aid to women
or girls from around the world. Several awards are given each round,
providing a little boost to help students, Girl Scout troops,
conference attendees, third-world individuals, training classes....you
name it! It's a marvelous program.

The recipients "pass it on" by giving back to their community in some
way that also helps women or girls in computing.

Look on the website for stories of past award winners and see how much
good a very small investment can make. It's impressive.

http://anitaborg.org/initiatives/systers/pass-it-on-grants-program/

Also, if you'd like to be a Syster, it's a great supportive online
group for women in any computer-related field. We have an
international email group with threaded discussions on any topic that
involves women+computers. Newcomers welcome, no cost but a penny for
your thoughts.