[UbuntuWomen] UW Wiki translations, We need your Help!

idleone oneidle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 13:13:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 18:32 +0530, स्वक्ष wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 14:54, Estelle Eulriet
> <estelle.eulriet at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > i recently subscribed to the list and i didn't introduced myself either.
> > my name is Estelle. I live in France; I have been a web developper /
> > architect / entrepreneur for 10 years. I work with startups in their early
> > stages. I help them build their technical or technological environment.
> >
> > I'm interested in Python and Zope, in objects databases that i know mainly
> > through Zope.
> > So any mentor who have python-something to do will be my friend :-)
>
> "python-something" got my attention :) and welcome to UW Estelle.
> John, Flavia and Silvia, Thanks for the translation efforts in the
> native language level. Much appreciated.
>

> [snip translation]
> > It would be perhaps great to proceed by "pair-translator", so that we can
> > review translations before to publish ?
>
> I cant help with French**, but wanted to let you (and other
> translators) know that its a wiki: Changes can be edited, reverted,
> deleted, modified, etc by anyone with an account. That said, it would
> be nicer and easier to collaborate among yourselves if you had a team
> of two or three people who would maintain it, especially for spam
> edits.  If required, feel free to use this list for translation
> discussions and do include a small note/translation so that other list
> members members would know what is being discussed.

I have already created several pages that need translation. you can find
the list here http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Fr/AFaire a ToDo page.
Please keep in mind that for the translations we are not looking to
change the content of the pages but simply take what is there and
convert to a different language.

IF you feel there is a need to Add/Remove content please discuss it on
the list or join #ubuntu-women-project on irc.freenode.net before making
any major changes.

--
John Chiazzese

In this concrete jungle we live. Our survival is love that we give.
Now my instinct is guiding my way. It’s true what they say.
The world is your chance to create.