[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu Women Blog Brainstorm

Amber Graner akgraner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 12:50:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> We've been talking about hosting a blog for the past couple of
> meetings. At the meeting earlier I was tasked with starting a thread
> to discuss the technical aspects of implementing the blog. So here's
> that thread!
>
> We have a few options:
>
> 1. Discuss hosting with canonical - we can get drupal hosting for a
> blog, but there is concern about response time from canonical
> sysadmins (I believe this has gotten better, but it's worth looking in
> to if we consider this route)
>
> 2. Acquire hosting space maintained by the team, install wordpress and
> have canonical point blog.ubuntu-women.org at it
>
> 3. 3rd party hosting: wordpress.com, blogspot, posterous, etc
>
> Thoughts? Once we have a process I'd like to move forward with a team
> interested in implementation and to create a timeline so we have some
> solid goals.
>
> I also want to mention a couple things which came out of the meeting
> blog policy-wise for now:
>
> 1. The blog will primarily be used to be a place for our announcements
> (arguably better than linking to our mailing list announcements
> because it's easier on the eyes, better URL) and news
>
> 2. The "PR Team" will not make formal statements regarding "how the
> team feels" on gender issues, since our opinions are diverse
>
> I'm sure this will evolve over time and be added to, so please share
> your thoughts.

Thanks live for posting this :-).  I'm interested in helping with the Blog -
so just let me know what you need from me.
Amber

> --
> Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
> http://www.princessleia.com

Amber Graner//akgraner//
http://amber.redvoodoo.org/
http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/Blogs/Amber-Graner-You-in-Ubuntu

Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but only
want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds