[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu Women Blog Brainstorm

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 26 05:24:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like this idea since with Drupal it'd also give us a better way to maintain
> the site than "give pleia2 your SSH key and then I hope you know how to use vi
> or nano to edit the html files!"

Presumably we'd use a CMS like WordPress or Drupal even if one of us
hosts it (no need to fiddle with html or config files unless they're
one of the server admin helpers). But yes having Canonical host it -
it would remove the concern of a single person owning the server and
having financial responsibility which becomes a problem if they
disappear or "get hit by a bus".

And I believe the assumption was that this would be different than
ubuntu-women.org - which presumably when redeveloped would still be
the Canonical-hosted "give canonical your ssh key and use vi or nano
to edit the html files" but more basic (I think we decided that parts
of the static page should be moved to the wiki), but I think that
might be a different discussion.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com