[UbuntuWomen] Meeting Logs from March 25th, 2010 - 2100UTC meeting

|| स्वक्ष || vid at svaksha.com
Fri Mar 26 04:25:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 08:37, Amber Graner <akgraner at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
> The Logs from tonights meeting are now available.  There are 3 views of the

Thanks for the logs. Hopefully I can make the next meet at the saner
time of 1200UTC :)

Regarding UW blog, why not try posterous [http://posterous.com/] which
allows submissions via email for anyone interested in writing an
article without the overhead of maintaining a blog or getting editor
privs on an existing blog. This gives folks all over the world the
opportunity to submit local UW events (as part of their Linux
user/loco group?).

Secondly, if we are only going to have a UW-blog to reflect the
activities the team undertakes we need to discuss the name "PR team".
Earlier I had asked for a clarification as the topic mentions
"official project responses to publicized problems within the Ubuntu
community relating to women in open source". Often words like
"PR/media team" conveys the message of spin doctor but considering
that we are all individual (wo)men volunteering within Ubuntu, its
harder to have an official response to a social problem spanning the
world/diversity/gender, which would come across as a tad insensitive
and certainly not representative of the community spirit vis-a-vis an
individual's thoughts and ideas. If the intention is to be inclusive
of diversity in opinions, we need to be able to listen to opposite
viewpoints too. I would certainly hesitate to write, rather I know
that I dont want to speculate on what "other women think about
$incident" on an official UW blog. People can think for themselves.

--
|| vid | http://svaksha.com ||