[UbuntuWomen] New team logo sample from Troy Sobotka

स्वक्ष vid at svaksha.com
Tue Jun 29 01:04:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 23:13, Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com> wrote:
>> http://ubuntu-women.org/ubuntu-women-identity/women-01.jpg
>> http://ubuntu-women.org/ubuntu-women-identity/women-02.jpg
>
> Seems like everybody else loves it, but ...
>
> I like the general look, very professional ... but I think it's a
> shame that it mostly loses something I loved about the old logo --
> the Ubuntu circle with the cross under it. That was such a clever
> idea, but when it's shrunk down that tiny you really can't see what
> it is any more.
>
> The word "women" is tiny too. So really what the logo says to me
> is: "Ubuntu.  ... oh, wait, if I look really closely it's actually
> some subset of Ubuntu <squint> ... ah, I guess it's women ...
> and what's that little red/orange splat?"

Right, it has a sleek and polished look about it. Very Nice. However,
Akkana raised some valid points --The logo is too tiny to be properly
visible if this logo is used as is on the website. Currently the word
"women" is dwarfed by Ubuntu -- It would be nicer if "women" were in a
larger font size, sharing equal screen space with "Ubuntu".

IMHO, logo's convey an important message of the brand, largely via
symmetry, colour and balance (in size) -- the wrong proportions may
reduce the impact we seek to have.

</zero paise >

thanks.
--