[UbuntuWomen] New team logo sample from Troy Sobotka

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 28 16:51:18 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

One of our Maverick plans is to redesign our team logo to work with
the new Ubuntu Brand[0]. We enlisted the talents of Troy Sobotka to
come up with a simple, clean idea which we can use on the upcoming
redesign of ubuntu-women.org and as our logo moving forward.

The design promo samples are here:

http://ubuntu-women.org/ubuntu-women-identity/women-01.jpg
http://ubuntu-women.org/ubuntu-women-identity/women-02.jpg

Personally I love it and would be happy to move forward and adopt
them. Thoughts?

Troy describes the idea behind them as follows:

"1) Tried to get a little colour into the promotional samples. I feel it
reads nicely with the new identity colours.

2) Felt that the 'women' component of the identity shouldn't be
identical to the Canonical typeface. Picked something with a little more
nuance and subtlety.

3) The tone is set to non black. Again, I feel this lightens it up and
pulls it away from the run-of-the-mill Ubuntu toward something more unique.

4) The position of the 'women' component felt solid and underlying."

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com