[UbuntuWomen] New Logo files!

Ilavenil Thirumavalavan ilavenil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 09:04:29 UTC 2010

This looks cool! Can we use it as an avatar?

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Valorie Zimmerman <
valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > First off, thanks to everyone who replied to the thread about the
> > logo, it was really great to see everyone so engaged in the process :)
> > As requested, Troy has provided a large version of the plain circle
> > Ubuntu Women of friends that we'll be able to use on t-shirts, mugs
> > and other things, and he's also provided several versions of the full
> > logo itself, as black, white and slate colors.
> >
> > I uploaded all of the deliverable logos here:
> >
> > http://www.ubuntu-women.org/img/ubuntu-women-community-identity/
> >
> > Also of note in this directory:
> >
> > Licensing document for CC-BY-SA (our old logo was NC, so this is an
> > improvement!):
> http://www.ubuntu-women.org/img/ubuntu-women-community-identity/LICENSE.HTML
> >
> > Standards document, an impressive document which will aide us in
> > keeping our "brand" through changes we may wish to make for different
> > posters, pamphlets, t-shirts, etc:
> >
> http://www.ubuntu-women.org/img/ubuntu-women-community-identity/ubuntu-women-standards.pdf
> >
> > If the files I uploaded weren't enough, or you're just curious, Troy
> > has uploaded the branch with *all* the files in it, including the
> > business cards, all his promotional material, everything used to
> > create the style guide and more, and it's available here:
> >

> https://code.launchpad.net/~troy-sobotka/+junk/ubuntu-women-community-identity<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Etroy-sobotka/+junk/ubuntu-women-community-identity>
> >
> > I've also gone ahead and updated
> > http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Resources with our new logo, as well as
> > adding a new SVG for our A4/A5 handout with the new logo, calling this
> > one "v3". There are still several places where we need to update the
> > logo so we'll be working on that over the next few weeks.
> >
> > Finally, thanks to Troy for his amazing work on this and to vish and
> > Amber Graner for handling much of the logistics of getting this
> > delivered!
> >
> > --
> > Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
> > http://www.princessleia.com
>
> If you are interested in seeing how *awesome* our new logo can look,
> see this: http://princessleia.com/uw/ubuntu-women-flier-printed.jpg
> which Lyz cooked up to send to OSCON in Portland OR USA two weeks from
> now.
>
> I'm going to try to get them posted in as many meeting rooms as I can,
> and she printed up more on orange paper to hand out at the LoCo table
> we're going to staff all week.
>
> THANK YOU LYZ!
>
> Valorie
>
> --
> New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
> Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .
> All my pages: http://valorie.zimmerman.googlepages.com

http://www.scientificruciverb.blogspot.com

It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as
it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long
as you have got it.
-Edwin Way Teale