[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu Women Meeting - Thur, January 21, 2010 at 1900 UTC

Amber Graner akgraner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 02:15:25 UTC 2010

Hi all :-)

The next Ubuntu Women Meeting will be - Thursday, January 21, 2010 at
1900 UTC in #ubuntu-women on Freenode.

Link to the agenda  - http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/January2010/Agenda

Not everyone who uses IRC will be able to make the meeting.  In an
effort to give every Active Member on the Team the Opportunity to vote
on an issue in an allocated time period we need to decide if Launchpad
is the definitive team list when it comes to members who can vote on a
topic.

We have team members who actively participate in some combination of
Mailing List, Forums and IRC  and may not be registered in Launchpad.
So who votes?  The team can take advantage of Launchpad for voting but
only if those who are on the team are registered in Launchpad.  There
is also the option of using Survey Monkey or some other
surveying/voting site.  Also, people have mentioned the Leader
facilities the discussion but only votes when the team is deadlocked
on an issue.  How do we want to proceed with this as well?

 I don't believe we can call for a vote on the channel(s) purpose
until we clarify how we should vote.  Also, who votes. This is a very
important topic and I don't think the vote should be rushed.  I
propose that we figure out who votes and what method we will use then
we - call for the vote on the 4th leave the vote open for a week, this
will give week to get the guidelines written and presented to the list
and forums, and we roll out any changes and the guidelines the week of
Feb 18th, 2010.

Thoughts on this before the meeting?

Thanks everyone hope to see you at the meeting on Thursday at 1900UTC.

Amber
--
Amber Graner//akgraner//

http://amber.redvoodoo.org/