[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu Women Leadership Appointment Announcement

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 15 12:21:35 GMT 2010

Hi folks,

Speaking on behalf of the Community Council, I'm happy to announce
that the Community Council has selected Amber Graner for the 6 month
leadership position in the Ubuntu Women project.

Congratulations to Amber and a huge thanks to Melissa and Penelope for
putting their names forward as candidates. I hope the goals and
visions presented on all three of their wiki pages[0][1][2] can be
incorporated moving forward and it was a delight to see the wealth of
community support for all three of these fantastic candidates.

[0] Amber: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/UbuntuWomen/LeadershipNominations/January2010/Amber
[1] Melissa: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/UbuntuWomen/LeadershipNominations/January2010/melissa
[2] Penelope: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/UbuntuWomen/LeadershipNominations/January2010/Penelope

--