[UbuntuWomen] Testimonials for the Ubuntu Women Project Leadership Position

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 7 22:30:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> It's my understanding that having the Community Council select a leader, as
> opposed to having an election, is fairly unusual.  I don't think there's an
> established process for how this works.

This is how the Community Council selected new members for the recent
appointments IRC Council and LoCo Council. This typically is done in
cases where no formal team has been defined as the "voting team" for
an election so it's not at all unusual.

And just so everyone is in the loop - after this 6 month leader
finishes her term we do intend to have real elections with a formal
team that will have voting rights to select the new leader (or trio of
leaders!) :)

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com