[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu-women IRC channel discussion

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 6 18:50:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 1:38 PM, vid <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:54, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>
>> The consideration is where we draw the line, currently "No Logging"
>> means that there is a trust within the team that logs (outside of
>> meetings, as meetings are explicitly logged) will not be shared with
>> 3rd parties, if logs are shared - even sections of them, it breaches
>> this trust.
>
> I'm confused. So just to understand, is this in reference to the #uw
> channel or the second #uw-offtopic which (iirc) was also going to be
> logged.

This is the rule that we've always had in place and remains for the
main #u-w channel.

>> So the question is how to write rules around this. Do we just make
>> everything public? Or do we require any shared log snippits be
>> approved by all parties involved in the discussion? Or do we say that
>
> IMHO, this would involve additional overheads and even volunteers will
> very quickly tire out of too many hoops to jump through.

Possibly, but if it's a short conversation with only a couple parties
it might be easy to get permission to repost, just like explicit
permission can be given for other closed forums (unarchived linuxchix
lists come to mind). Making everything open is the "easy" solution to
all of this.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com