[UbuntuWomen] Hello Everyone

Tara Oldfield taraoldfield at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 06:29:33 GMT 2010

I'm a brand new member of Ubuntu-Women and thought that I'd introduce myself.  I'm fairly new to the Ubuntu community as a whole; two years ago my then boyfriend (and now husband) installed Ubuntu on my Toshiba because it was booting ridiculously slow with Windows.  Currently, my video-editiing work-station runs Ubuntu.  Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of professional-grade photo management software, so I do use OSX for photo editing.  Hopefully, Yorba will further develop its photo manager so that in the future I can totally switch to free software.

I sat in on an Ubuntu-Women discussion at UDS-N, and was impressed by the group's mission (so impressed that I decided to find a way to contribute).  Although I'm not a technical user, I do have some skills sets that might be useful to the cause.  I'm a photographer and videographer, so if anyone has a suggestion about how I should apply these skills, please let me know.  I've been thinking that it might be helpful to find a mentor in the group to help steer me in the right direction.  I welcome any feedback regarding where I should focus my energy and time within the context of this group's work, as well as mentors who are looking to help guide a newbie with a camera.

Well, I look forward to getting to know some of you on Ubuntu-Women's IRC channel!

Take Good Care All,
Tara Oldfield
frmdrt (freenode identifier)