[UbuntuWomen] Jobs in open source at Dell

Belinda Lopez belinda.lopez at canonical.com
Thu Aug 5 00:25:55 UTC 2010

I was at a conference yesterday and ended up next to a Dell
representative.  She is very much trying to anyone with open source
experience for various technical roles such as Sales engineers (helping
to teach customers about open source), system engineers (helping to put
Ubuntu/other on Dell hardware).  Anyone knowing anything about
virtualization and cloud stuff would be a rock star at a number of
companies these days.

She is also very much trying to learn about places (conferences/events)
where she can go to recruit people.  I was thinking the Grace
Hopper/Anita Borg conference.  Does anyone have other places/events they
recommend to hire the next generation of rock star open source
knowledgeable employees?

If anyone is interested in these opportunities, let me know and I'll
forward her contact info.

thanks,

Belinda

Training Project Manager