[UbuntuWomen] Work Play Day - Discussion and Review of Announcement and Photo Model Release Waiver

etali etali at myth-games.com
Mon Apr 5 15:28:29 UTC 2010

On 05/04/2010 15:53, Amber Graner wrote:

> However, before we can tell the world about it, we need to look at the
> announcement and the photo/model release waiver and see if the team,
> Canonical, or the CC may have noticed something we may have
> unintentionally, especially when it comes to using photos of minors.
>  Please take a look at the proposed competition announcement [3] as
> well as the Sample photo/model release form  and please take a moment
> to let us know your thoughts.

No comments on the waiver (I don't know anything about that stuff), but
I think it might be a good idea to expand on this bit:

"We do prefer that the images come at a large resolution, in a standard
format and not embedded in documents."

I still know a few people who have old cameras that use really obscure
formats, but in their mind those formats are "standard" because that's
all they know.  Maybe suggesting JPEG / RAW / TIFF would ensure that
people didn't take photos specially then send them over without
converting them?

--
Etali