[UbuntuWomen] Work Play Day - Discussion and Review of Announcement and Photo Model Release Waiver

Amber Graner akgraner at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 5 14:53:01 UTC 2010

Hi all!

Another exciting Ubuntu Women Project competition is taking shape as the
last bits of preparation are being worked out so we can announce the 1st
Annual Ubuntu Women Project World Play Day. This email is being sent to the
UW Team Mailing list, the Ubuntu Community Council and to Canonical to see
if they have a better photo/model release waiver in order to ensure that we
have crossed all the "t"'s and dotted all the "i"'s.

Just a reminder and some history for those who have joined the team recently
an email [1] was sent to the UW mailing list last month to further discuss
the World Play Day [2] competition to be held on May 28, 2010.  That means
as mentioned above that it is just about time to announce it to the world.
 After the announcement is made begins all the fun of creating buzz by
denting, tweeting, blogging and encouraging those you know who have girls
between the ages of 2 and 12  and use Ubuntu to join the competition.

However, before we can tell the world about it, we need to look at the
announcement and the photo/model release waiver and see if the team,
Canonical, or the CC may have noticed something we may have unintentionally,
especially when it comes to using photos of minors.  Please take a look at
the proposed competition announcement [3] as well as the Sample photo/model
release form  and please take a moment to let us know your thoughts.

Please feel free to respond with questions or concerns to the mailing list,
myself or Melissa Draper.

Thanks in advance to members of the Community Council, Canonical and
especially the UW Project Team Members for taking a moment to read the
documents and offer feedback on the competition announcement and the
photo/model release form.

[1] - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2010-March/002604.html
[2] - http://www.itla-toylibraries.org/wpdv.htm
[3]  - Wiki Page with Announcement and Release as well as links to
pdf's<http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Events/Competitions/WorldPlayDay>

--
Amber Graner//akgraner//
http://amber.redvoodoo.org/

Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but only
want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds