[UbuntuWomen] Localized Ubuntu Women mailing lists

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 1 05:32:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM, स्वक्ष <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
>> "Language(s)" sounds good. I wonder if the word "Localized" on a
>> passing glance, would (unintentionally) appear to compete with
>> loco-teams. Just a thought.
>
> Good point - I like "Languages"

I went ahead and created this page:

http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Languages

As always, the text on the page is open to discussion and I'll add it
to the agenda for our April 8th meeting.

The idea is that we want to find a balance between:

Being supportive of responsible individuals like Flavia to create a
language-based sub-team where she feels a need. No one likes too much
bureaucracy!

and

Recognizing that these language-based sub-teams are a representation
of the Ubuntu Women project and we need to be confident that
individuals launching them are responsible and committed to
maintaining resources (so it doesn't discourage people by being
"dead") and are spreading the positive, encouraging, helpful message
that we wish to convey as a project.

We also want to make sure we keep track of these sub-teams, so we know
where to point people and have an accurate picture of the whole
project.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com