[UbuntuWomen] New Group Member

Veronica Henry vhenry07 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 20:19:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

I just joined the Ubuntu-Women community and look forward to learning
and growing with you all in Ubuntu. I'm a 20 year IT Pro, having done
some early programming, pc support, network engineering and finally
security & privacy policy. I finally made the switch to Ubuntu earlier
this year and don't miss Windows a bit - though I do fear losing that
skillset.

Having launched a couple websites (and quitting my job) and having to
learn to code and support them myself, I fell in love again with
development and open source. I have solid skills in HTML & CSS, still
learning PHP, MySQL, Ruby on Rails and Javascript, with the help of some
handy books, tutorials and trial & error. Favorite tools: Bluefish,
Netbeans, tinkering with Geany & Aptana.

I hope that by contributing to this community, I can further develop my
skills and meet like-minded technical women.

Veronica Henry