[UbuntuWomen] Mentoring in Open Source Communities: What Works? What Doesn't?

Esther Schindler esther at bitranch.com
Mon Sep 21 23:26:46 UTC 2009

Thanks to those who contributed; they know who they are. :-)

Mentoring in Open Source Communities: What Works? What Doesn't?
Open source projects that want to attract new contributors can make
significant headway by encouraging new, less experienced people in
ongoing, personal relationships. The business-sounding word for this
is "mentoring." The real-world term is "wonderful." Find out what it
takes for mentoring to work in your project -- and the benefits your
free and open source software (FOSS) project can hope to gain.
http://www.itworld.com/open-source/78271/mentoring-open-source-