[UbuntuWomen] Mark Shuttleworth's comments

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 03:33:39 UTC 2009

On Monday 05 October 2009 9:10:19 pm Jan Claeys wrote:
> Op maandag 05-10-2009 om 23:18 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Miriam
>
> Ruiz:
> > I have the feeling that we're having the same incident all over and
> > over again every 3 months, just with different actors, and whatever we
> > might say we're just not taken seriously.
>
> I'm sure every time something like that happens a couple more people get
> the message.  And the road might be long, but one day we will reach a
> place where we want to live...  ;-)

I think the Geek Feminism wiki[1] is helping out.  Because it seems in the
past, someone would happen, some people would know...a few months later
something else...different people are aware...next thing a totally different
group is aware of....etc. And now with the Timeline of Incidents on there, we
*all* can know "hey wait...this is the 4th time this year???"  And then when
someone says "ok, so that's ONE incident...whatever...it's not a common
occurrence," we're all better informed and able to say "actually, it's not an
isolated incident...

[1] http://geekfeminism.wikia.com
--
Mackenzie Morgan