[UbuntuWomen] Hello!

Thyberthpithe thyberthpithe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 13:13:27 UTC 2009

Hi all!

A little belatedly this is my obligatory introduction e-mail.  So who am I?  I'll tell you what the back of my 'Moo' cards say.

	Melanie Rhianna Lewis aka Cyberspice

	International Jet-setting Software Engineer

	Beader, Belly dancer, Biker, Climber, Coder, Geek, Goth, Guitarist, Hacker,
	Herpetologist, Knitter, Pianist, Photographer, Skater.

So now you know :-)

That does about sum me up.  I'm a software consultant working in Embedded Linux.  I live and work out of Yorkshire in the UK however I have clients in numerous places including LA, The Bay (Silicon Valley), Toronto and spend about a third of my life travelling or away from home.  My last trip to the US was actually a canyoneering vacation in Utah!

Typically I develop in C, C++ and Java; although I also develop in PHP and Objective C.  I am quite active in the PHP community and I am member of PHP Women and a PECL maintainer.  I am also a member of DevChix and LinuxChix and have just helped create a northern England LinuxChix chapter (http://www.linuxchixnorth.org.uk/).

I've been using Ubuntu for several years now as my dev platform of choice.

My web site is at http://www.cyberspice.org.uk/ (Basically I'm cyberspice nearly everywhere - just google me).

Cheers

Melanie