[UbuntuWomen] Introducing myself to the group

Fred H Olson fholson at cohousing.org
Tue Nov 3 13:36:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Ms. Somoe Mkwachu wrote:

> I'm happy to have accepted to join the group,
> Let me introduce myself,
> I'm Ms Somoe Mkwachu by the name. I'm a Tanzanian Masters  student in the
> University of Dar es Salaam Tanzania.

Welcome.  I am not an active member here but have subscribed for a while
now and am a long time Ubuntu user. I don't recall other subscribers here
from Africa (but that may be a failure of recollection).  I'm curious
how the African connection of Ubuntu is recieved there.

--- Brag alert ---

About a year ago my wife and I attended a peace event here in North
Minneapolis which has a population that is about 1/2 African American
and half white. Archbishop Desmond Tutu spoke at the event and there was
to have been a march (parade) but the weather was quite cold and the
march was not held.

After the event I waited on the street where I saw a big car preparing
to depart.  I held the sign I'd brought for the march.  As the cars went
by I saw Bishop Tutu in the passenger seat of car with tinted windows
just as they pulled away and went right by me.  I think he saw my sign.
He waved to me.  My sign said:

  U B U N T U
  * Philosophy
  * Computer Operating system (Linux)

Fred

--
Jun 22: Robert Reich's Rx for  real health care reform
http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2009/06/20/healthcare/print.html

Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
http://justcomm.org      My Link Pg: http://fholson.cohousing.org
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org