[UbuntuWomen] New version

A. Malaika Sharp malaikasharp at comcast.net
Wed May 13 14:31:34 UTC 2009

Greetings,

Hope things are going well for everyone.

I wanted to check in with some experts to see if anyone has installed
the newest version of ubuntu. I am using 8.10 on my laptop and an
earlier version on my desktop. I initially had some problems with 8.10
freezing, but was able to get some online help, made some changes and
things seem to be going well.

I am a bit reluctant to upgrade to a newer version and experience
problems in areas that are working fine now.

What do you think?

Also, I just wanted to mention how impressed I am with the work that you
all are doing in IT. I am no longer in IT but enjoy the online community
and am happy that women are so much more involved now. This group is
such a strong source of support until I sometimes day dream about
returning part time.  Then reality sets in and I realize just how many
techs are out there and so many folks are out of work or struggling, or
working night and day consulting to make ends meet.

I am glad to see the depth of the knowledge base that has developed
among women. Keep up the good work and hopefully you won't mind my
lurking and chiming in from time to time.

Have a great day,
--
Malaika
www.malaikasharpmassagetherapy.com.