[UbuntuWomen] Resources for Conferences

Leigh Honeywell leigh at hypatia.ca
Sun Jun 21 01:26:10 UTC 2009

Elizabeth Krumbach wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> At our last meeting we discussed promoting the Resources section of our website:
>
> http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Resources
>
> Nuhaa made some fantastic PNG and SVG versions of my original flier. I
> have since updated the filer as a second revision to better explain
> the project as it stands today

I really wish I'd had the foresight to print flyers before the netbook
panel I went to at the feminist science fiction conference WisCon
(http://wiscon.info).  Lots of women (and a few men, though the con was
about 70% women) using Linux and Ubuntu in that group, let me tell you!
  I did tell everyone about UW though, hopefully a few found their way
onto the list :)  I'll be printing and bringing flyers to the next geek
events I go to for sure!

I've been planning on ordering some stickers for the hackerspace I help
run, and would be glad to make ubuntu-women stickers too if someone does
up a design!  I'll make netbook-sized ones which will be good for
mailing too.

-Leigh

--
Leigh Honeywell