[UbuntuWomen] Vote for new mailing list admins!

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Tue Jun 16 02:27:32 UTC 2009

> Richardson<jarich at perltraining.com.au> wrote:
> > b) Why is this a matter for voting?

Elizabeth Krumbach writes:
> We had several people volunteer.

I thought that was the point -- to get several new list admins?
I don't understand voting for just one, so I haven't voted.

> Still the discussion *should
> have* happened anyway, with people asking volunteers specifics prior
> to the vote going out but this was never encouraged.

Most of us probably didn't know there was anything to discuss.
Someone called for volunteers, several people volunteered,
everything's going fine! Then suddenly this voting thing
came out of nowhere and I never figured out on what we
were supposed to be voting or why.

> > e) How do I vote for more than one person?
>
> It's a very simple voting system, you vote for one person.

My vote is, if they're all willing to help admin the list,
that's great! I can't vote for just one person -- why would I
want to do that? And why would you want to restrict the volunteers
to just one?

	...Akkana