[UbuntuWomen] Participation and contribution in UW [was] call for list admins

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 18:36:33 UTC 2009

On Friday 05 June 2009 2:31:46 pm vid wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 23:25, Elizabeth Krumbach<lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> > All the examples I already gave[0], plus things like:
>
> ...which i hopefully clarified :)
>
> > "My mailserver was broken, did I get unsubbed?"
> > "Can you check what email address I subscribed with?"
> > "I had $error upon subscribing, did it take?"
>
> These should go to the list admins too instead of irc. Incase you get
> further such queries please mail them to the list or the -owner
> address.

> Sorry the 'IRC admin has to be a list admin too' demand seems
> unreasonable.  Please clarify this as I dont see any such policy in
> any other Ubuntu list or forums.  Why is there so much opposition to
> bring in new women. Everyone has a first time and distributing control
> among newer folks helps widen the Ubuntu circle.  That is what Ubuntu
> has always been about.

Vid,
I think she's just saying that since people'll ask there anyway, we might as
well have someone that's able to do something about it in real-time.  She's
not saying no new people, just that along with the new people, she'd also like
there to be one person who can handle real-time requests on IRC if need-be.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo