[UbuntuWomen] FOSDEM / Book: Ubuntu Pocket Guide

Fred H Olson fholson at cohousing.org
Fri Jan 30 15:56:32 UTC 2009

The discussion about meeting at FOSDEM led me to look up FOSDEM.
For the convenience of others on the list (if there are any others
who are not familiar with FOSDEM :) I include a few lines here from
http://www.fosdem.org

 About FOSDEM

 The ninth FOSDEM is a two-day event organized by volunteers to promote
 the widespread use of Free and Open Source software.

 Taking place in the beautiful city of Brussels (Belgium), FOSDEM meetings
 are recognized as "The best Free Software and Open Source events in
 Europe".

This reminded me of another resource that I learned of recnetly to
"promote the widespread use of Free and Open Source software" -- Ubuntu

Book: Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference

The ultimate Ubuntu book!

Written by award-winning author Keir Thomas, Ubuntu Pocket Guide and
Reference is a totally unique and concise guide for everyday Ubuntu use.
It's the world's most popular Ubuntu book, with over 150,000 people
already having read it!

    * Focuses on core competencies and background knowledge needed to be
an expert Ubuntu user;
    * Readable, accessible, and easy to understand—even if you've never
used Linux before;
    * 100% new and original! Written from the ground-up to cover Ubuntu
8.04 and 8.10.

"A great resource covering Ubuntu
from A to Z without all the extra fluff"
Ryan Troy, administrator, Ubuntuforums.org

How to get it

Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference is available in print and PDF editions.

    * The Print Edition is available for a recession-busting $9.94 from
Amazon.com. Add it to your Amazon order now!
    * The PDF Edition (eBook) is entirely free of charge and is identical
to the Print Edition. Grab the PDF or click here to tell a friend!

http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com

Fred, who will not be at FOSDEM

Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
http://justcomm.org      My Link Pg: http://fholson.cohousing.org
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org