[UbuntuWomen] On becoming an Ubuntu Member

Amber Graner akgraner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 19:00:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 05 December 2009 11:27:54 am Alan Bell wrote:
> > Make sure you have supporters in the IRC meeting who will speak up on
> > your behalf and mention things you have done that you have forgotten
> > about yourself - that really helps.
>
> I think I was one of three people from the same LoCo who all applied on the
> same day.  This worked *really* well because we could all vouch for each
> other
> and only had to ask other LoCo members to show up to one IRC meeting
> instead
> of 3.  If there are other highly-involved non-Members in your LoCo, try to
> get
> them to apply at the same time as you!

Awesome Idea to get more people on the same team to go for membership at the
same time.  Also finding Wiki's that you would like your wiki to look like
helps as well.

here was mine https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AmberGraner  but now after looking at
other people's I can't wait to go and update mine and add a few more
things.   You all are awesome and it's really cool to see what other
people's wiki's are looking like.  As the various degrees of skill and
sustained contribution can be seen so someone thinking of applying can see
all sorts of examples.

> --
> Mackenzie Morgan
> http://ubuntulinuxtipstricks.blogspot.com
> apt-get moo

Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but only
want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds