[UbuntuWomen] hi all

Miriam Ruiz little.miry at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 17:05:00 UTC 2009

2009/8/21 vid <vid at svaksha.com>:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 13:25, Miriam Ruiz<miriam at debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> Fortunately it seems that things have improved in Debian a lot since then too.
>
> i've noticed that but some Debian-* lists still have a high SNR

I guess you mean a low signal noise ratio (S/N). Too much noise,
that's it. That's probably right in some of the lists, but having too
much non-useful stuff doesn't have to mean that discussions have to be
disrespectful or aggressive.

That probably happens in every project anyway, especially in those
that work by consensus.

> * i am still wondering and undecided if some discussions are entirely
> useful/good/needed or something else entirely. So i just read and
> listen instead :)

I don't think that the problem is the discussions or the conflics
themselves, I have quite a good opinion on what a conflict is in its
essence, they're unavoidable and it's positive that they appear. My
concerns are only with about how those conflicts are fced and solved.
I'm out of debian-devel, debian-project, debian-vote and the such
since what happened some months ago, so I cannot speak for those, but
for example in debian-legal, which is by definition a very
conflict-attracting list, discussions are mostly often carried out
quite respectfully for me. It might probably depend on the list
anyway, dunno.

Or maybe it is that I have developed a thicker skin without even
noticing. Who knows.

Greetings,
Miry