[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu Open Week: Intro to Ubuntu Women Project, Apr 29 @ 23:00 UTC

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 30 02:40:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Lucy <lucybridges at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/28 Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com>:
>> I will be doing an Ubuntu Open Week presentation on Ubuntu Women on
>> Apr 29 @ 23:00 UTC and wanted to invite anyone who is interested to
>> check it out.
> [snip]
> Sounds brilliant. The session is on too late for me, but I look
> forward to reading the transcript.

The transcript is now online:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/openweekJaunty/UbuntuWomen

I'm very excited to say that I think the session went very well. The
last time we did an Open Week session (for Gutsy, wow, has it been
that long?) we ended up having to moderate the channel, but this time
the audience was very respectful and there were a lot of fantastic
questions. Thanks to Mackenzie for being the question poster, the
discussion in the chat channel was active (and very positive!) but
there is no way I could have kept up and snagged the questions out of
it while giving the presentation :)

And thanks to everyone who came out this evening, it was awesome to
have the support and help answering some of the questions!

> I really like the points you listed. If you get time, I think it might
> be useful to mention how to get involved in Ubuntu-Women and maybe how
> to treat/support women in the FOSS community (okay, maybe that's a bit
> difficult to cover in a few lines on IRC)?

I ended up adding a couple links at the end about this, thanks for the
suggestion!

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com