[UbuntuWomen] Ubuntu Open Week: Intro to Ubuntu Women Project, Apr 29 @ 23:00 UTC

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 28 14:54:27 UTC 2009

Hey folks,

I will be doing an Ubuntu Open Week presentation on Ubuntu Women on
Apr 29 @ 23:00 UTC and wanted to invite anyone who is interested to
check it out.

It'll be held with other Ubuntu Open Week sessions in
#ubuntu-classroom (and #ubuntu-classroom-chat for discussion) on
irc.freenode.net. There are tons of great sessions on a variety of
topics, more information is here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

I also wanted to take suggestions on things I should focus on, thus
far it's going to be:

1. General intro to project (stuff from the main part of our website)
2. Emphasis on the project not being separatist or exclusive, we
encourage women to be part of the broader community and we welcome
everyone (men, women, children) into helping us achieve this goal
3. Review of why we feel such a project is important (role models,
mentoring, support and encouragement)
4. Review of our resources

Any other thoughts? Am I missing anything vital? Are there questions
you're asked about the project that you think I should address?

Cheers.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com