[UbuntuWomen] Hi, I'm the new kid | Can technology be "more female"?

julia friesel julia.friesel at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:44:47 UTC 2009

Everyone,
thank you so much for your thoughts and comments!
I think in my paper I will focus both on the concrete mechanisms that are
keeping women out of tech-related fields, and FOSS particularly, as well as
the more general mechanisms that gave technology such a heavy masculine
connotation, when there is really nothing inherently masculine about it, as
many of you have pointed out.

 I will definitely build on some of these suggestions and will probably make
the result available publicly for those who are interested!

Thanks again,
Julia