[UbuntuWomen] Introduction

Ireene-Sointu ireenesointu at phonecoop.coop
Mon Apr 13 09:35:37 BST 2009

Hi Diana,
Great to have another 60+ here. I just turned 60 in February. I have
been using Ubuntu for a couple of years now. Although I have used
different distros of Linux for quite a number of years now I consider
myself still a novice. I have no computer/IT academic background like
most people here seem to have. I am now learning to use Scribus while
putting together a quarterly journal for an organisation I do voluntary
work for. The January issue was my first and the printers messed it up a
little not knowing anything about Scribus or Linux. I have got a new
printer for this April issue. They at least know Linux they told me.
We'll see how it turns out in a couple of weeks time. It is exiting to
learn new things, even at our age. I am sure you get the hang of Ubuntu
and find it quite easy. I installed it in my daughter's computer and per
(=s/he) has been using it quite happily although per does not know much
at all about computers. I get telephone calls every now and then when
per gets stuck. In your case you probably call your son a few times. And
the Ubuntu lists, like this one, are a good way to get advice. I have
written to the Finnish Ubuntu list for advice and got a really good
response there.

I wish you all the best in learning to use Ubuntu.
Ireene