[UbuntuWomen] An introduction, im new

Amber Graner akgraner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:34:13 UTC 2009

Jane,

Welcome!  Sounds like you have very interesting master's thesis there.  Good
Luck!   Jane, I've only been a Ubuntu User since February so don't worry
about fitting or not fitting in.  Just be yourself and enjoy the group.
This was the 1st group and 1st IRC Ubuntu Channel that was recommended to
me.  There is a wealth of knowledge in the Channel and some incrediblly
awesome personalitiles.

Again, Welcome and Enjoy! Oh yes, and good luck on your thesis!
Amber - akgraner

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Jane Billestrup
<jane.billestrup at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I subscribed to the Ubuntu-women mailinglist and it told me to introduce
> myself, so thought that was the polite thing to do.
>
> My name is Jane Billestrup (Bambi03 at IRC), I am 27 years old. I've been
> an Ubuntu user for three years now. I am currently writing my master thesis
> (about Ubuntu, employees and community). I am a student at Aalborg
> University in Denmark and hopefully get my master in computer science
> (informatics) this summer. Programming really isn't my thing I'm more into
> the softer side of software development. Meaning my main interests lie in
> Human-computer interaction, user experience and optimization of software
> developement processes.
> So I have no idea if I fit in here, but it was worth a try :)
>
> Best regards, Jane Billestrup

Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but only
want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds