[UbuntuWomen] Gender and email [was: Free Ego :)

Kadambari Devarajan kadambari.devarajan at gmail.com
Sat May 3 05:19:25 UTC 2008

Hi all,

First things first. Do excuse my absence from the list since the intro. My
semester exams are on and... I was totally dumbfounded to find that a simple
intro had triggered such a lengthy discussion, and on so "Off topic". This
was definitely not something anticipated when I joined the list.

To answer Fred - I'm female, which I'm sure you found out after that
rigmarole of visiting my blog and much googling. My name has origins from
the Sanskrit language and is certainly not gender neutral ( among its many
meanings is " intoxicating woman"). But I was named after that "exquisite
novel" :) And regarding the ads issue - livejournal offers it a few
additional features for my account type wherein I don't have to opt for a
paid account but just need to allow them to put up those ads. I felt that
was reasonable enough for the moment.

Most of the forums I've been part of have been of mixed gender and evoking
such a reaction has been a definite first so far. I agree with Vid and
Jacinta. I don't understand how my gender is going to matter in an online
forum!

Cheers,
KD.

--