[UbuntuWomen] QA Roles

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Thu May 1 11:53:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

It's been suggested before that some people on this may be interested
in finding about specific roles that need someone to work on them, so
I thought I would forward you this information.

There's obviously loads to do, and you can find a role for yourself
anywhere, but the QA team have put together a list of specific jobs
that they would like people to to do. You wouldn't be expected to do
everything, but you would be expected to show commitment, and take a
leadership role in the area.

The QA team is quite small, but enthusiastic and incredibly important
in improving Ubuntu. I also find them all to be very friendly and
helpful.

You can find the information about the roles at

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Roles

and also the information on how to apply. If you would like some more
information on any of the roles then I can try and help you, and I'm
sure anyone listed on the page would try as well.

If you are interested in getting involved in the QA team in a less
formal way, or you would like to hang around with them for a while
to see what goes on while thinking about applying you can find them
on IRC. They usually hang about in #ubuntu-testing on irc.freenode.net
(the network used by all Ubuntu channels).

I don't know if I have actually made this clear before, but if you would
like to get involved in a certain area of Ubuntu but don't know who to
approach or what needs doing then I would be happy to help you to find
out, so just drop me an email. I'm sure there are many other people on
the list who would do that as well. If you have no idea where you might
like to work then you can just start by describing what you are
interested in and the skills that you have and we can suggest areas that
you may enjoy working in.

Thanks,

James